'In the Community' is a quarterly newsletter that provides a snapshot of how National Grid employees have been making difference in their local communities and beyond
In the Community is designed to keep you up-to-date with the great work that our colleagues are doing in the communities where they live and which we serve.
In the Community - January 2014
We’ll be showcasing how they connect with people to develop and transfer new skills, to share their time and expertise and to inspire young people towards making a positive contribution to society, as well as improving their chances of finding employment.
Highlights from edition 1…
– Our achievements in 2013, and how our employees donated a staggering 4,625 hours of their time to local projects.
– News of our chosen charity, which we will be supporting over the next two years.
– One of National Grid’s ‘unsung heroes’, who went the extra mile and more for Cancer Research.
– Our support for a campaign that encourages young people to ‘step up to serve’ their communities, and
– All the latest news and fundraising exploits from National Grid and its employees.
Please click here to download the first edition of ‘In the Community’. We hope it will inspire you to get involved too, whether that be by fundraising or volunteering.